WRITING & DEVELOPMENTAL EDITING
I love helping game designers of all experience levels take their products to the next level. My sensitivity reading and developmental editing services emphasize the identification of problematic characterizations in text and art direction, structural errors in game design, and providing general edits of your developing manuscript. Bearing in mind your target audience, I will provide open, honest, and supportive critical feedback of you work in relation to professional industry standards and expectations.
* (2018) Zany Zoo by Dundas West Games (Lead Author/Designer)
* (2018) Level Up Your Classroom with Tabletop RPGS (Editorial)
* (2018) My Favourite Visual Aid for TTRPGs: The Index Card RPG (Editorial)
* (2019) How Writing a TTRPG Strengthened my Chinese-Canadian Identity
* (2019) Skill Points zine by Sam Hotchkiss (Writer - Contribution)
* (2019) Daniel Kwan's Guide to being a Professional GM (Editorial)
* (2019) Assuming Positive Intent When Met with Ignorance at Conventions (Editorial)
* (2019) Wolf of the South by Dundas West Games (Lead Author): 2019 RELEASE
* (2019) Never Trust an Adventurer in Flip Tales by Ryan Flomer (Writer - Contribution): 2019 RELEASE
* (2019) Yellow King Bestiary by Robin Laws (Writer - Contribution): RELEASE TBD
* (2019) Aphrodite on Deck by Brie Sheldon (Developmental Editor)
* (2019) Lawless Heaven by Fraser Ronald (Developmental Editor)
* (2019) Dino Wrangers by Rachelle Dube (Developmental Editor)
* (2019) Honour by Dom Parry (Developmental Editor)
GAME MASTER FOR HIRE
As the Co-Founder of Level Up Gaming, Lead Designer at Dundas West Games, and Instructor of the Royal Ontario Museum’s highly successful Dungeons & Dragons program (2011-2019), I have over a decade of experience teaching players of all ages the ins-and-outs of role playing games. Through my GM for Hire service, I offer short and long-term in-person tabletop gaming experiences for families and schools throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Gaming sessions with me are inclusive, entertaining, and educational at their core.
If you'd like to try integrating tabletop role playing games into your classroom or host a workshop/gaming session in your home, get in contact with me! Experience and play are at the heart of using tabletop games in educational contexts. The seemingly insignificant practice of gathering around a gaming table can have huge impacts on learning outcomes – where participants are provided with a safe and reflexive space to explore their identities, their strengths and weaknesses, and to take risks.
Sessions are generally scheduled for 3 hours and are priced at $30 per participant (with a minimum group cost of $120). Groups can be up to 6 people. Larger parties can be accommodated by an extra GM provided by me. Timing is flexible and all materials are provided. No experience necessary!
Pick A Game!
Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Symbaroum, Dungeon World, Shadow of the Demon Lord, Pugmire, My Little Pony: Tales of Equestria, Epyllion, Blades in the Dark, Urban Shadows, & The Watch
**Science Fiction Games**
Starfinder, D20 Modern, Mutant Year Zero, Mechatron, Scum & Villainy, Microscope, Durance, Masks: A New Generation, Star Wars: Age of Rebellion, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, Star Wars: Force & Destiny, The Veil, Coriolis, & Tales from the Loop
The End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse (and other variations), Nights Black Agents, Ten Candles, Dread, & Delta Green
The Warren, World Wide Wrestling, Night Witches, Ross Rifles, & Zany Zoo